Thursday 19 February 2015

Boywithauke Interview

I have had the amazing opportunity to interview Craig Gallagher, otherwise known as Boywithauke. What an amazing way to start 2015 off, with an interview. He was such a pleasure to work with such a down-to-earth guy who was able to laugh and joke along with me as the interview went on, and I got told to tell you guys, he's pretty, but don't take my word on that


Firstly, tell us a bit about you and your music.
Well, my names Craig, I'm 19 and I live in Glasgow, Scotland. My music is indie-pop and my name for my music is 'BoyWithAUke'. 
Why and when did you start playing music? 
Well I was mainly a singer and actor. I went to the Royal Convervatoire of Scotland for 11 years doing the drama-works programme every Saturday.


Who inspired you to start playing? 
I started to play a bit of guitar when I was 12 and I guess it all unravelled from there I guess.
I remember in primary school I sung Anastacia 'left outside alone'. That was funny thinking back to that. 

First song that you learnt to play? 
The first song on the guitar I learned to play was Iron man bh black sabbath. Just the easy riff, not the complicated parts haha.

Favourite musician? 
My favourite musician. God, I can't pick. There's Geddy Lee from Rush, Charlie Simpson and more. I guess it would have to be those 2.

Talk us through how you would go about writing a song 
 How I would go about writing a song. First, if I have a lyric stuck in my head I'll try and write around that. Sometimes I'll make up little stories and characters in my head and work out what they're going through and write about that.

What song of yours are you most proud of? 
The song I'm most proud of is probably 'FGMG' which will be on ny first EP. It's just a catchy lyrical song. There will be a full band version of the song in a future EP and I can't wait to show everyone it.

If you could have written any song in the world what would it be and why? 
If I could ever written a song in the world. It would have to either be Working Man by Rush, Kick Me by Sleeping With Sirens, Na Na Na by MCR or Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen. 

How do you go about unwinding/relax? 
How I relax. I guess I just like to play my uke, play my ps3 or watch netflix. 

What do you do when you face haters/trolls?
I usually tend to ignore the haters, but there has been a few comments that have hurt me and set me back a bit.

Anything you would tell a younger version of yourself?
I'd tell my younger self, "Don't worry, it'll get better, you'll be fine. Just work hard and do what you want to do" 




The EP is coming out 1st March and is available for pre-order right now on iTunes worldwide and my single 'on the run' is available on Google Play, iTunes, Spotify, Amazon and Beats Music 


No comments:

Post a Comment