Tuesday 24 March 2015

Competition Winners! Sleep Star Ignition!

If you follow me on twitter, you will know that I recently did a competition for that when I reached 200 followers I would randomly select a follower of mine, to win a sort of promotion on here.

I reached 200, followers no problem, however, I being an airhead, managed to loose the emails between me and Sleep Star Ignition, who were lovely enough to even send me a link to get their latest EP - "I Love What You've Done With The Place" which is available for everyone to get. 

They also do weekly podcasts called "I Love Sleep Star Ignition" which is available here and on iTunes.

I got talking to Bob, who is guitar and vocals, however there is also Nick, who is main vocals, Zach M who plays bass and Zach B who plays drums.
I asked if there was any additional information that the guys would like to tell me and this is what they said;

"Additional things about us include the face that we're pretty hardcore comic book nerds and have a guilty pleasure for professional wrestling. We played the Cincinnati, Ohio date of the Vans Warped Tour in the summer of 2014 and are looking forward to more accomplishments like that in the future. We are completely independent as far as releasing our own music and running our own social media, so any time you interact with us it is, in fact, US. We're very proud to be a band that looks at our fanbase as a family and we're always down to chat with whomever would like to learn more about us. "



At first when I watched their video for Lunar Transmission, I thought that Nick looked like a mix between Dave Grohl but more beard-y and Adam Lazzara, which isn't a bad thing when it comes down to it!
 
And they have a sound that's the best of both Foo Fighters and Taking Back Sunday, with lyrics that will have you truly thinking about everything, and I mean everything. I really can't wait too hear more off these guys and too see exactly where their music takes them, and I pray that it's far and they can get everything out of it because they are the most down to earth and helpful guys especially when they were so understanding about me loosing an email and everything! 

These guys are honestly amazing, they will blow your expectations out of the water, because they did that for me! It's like putting your hand in your pocket and finding some money, it's like a little gift to yourself from yourself, but in this case it's a little gem from twitter to me. And now I'm sharing that gem with you! I know, I know, you're welcome!
 
Oh and they've just released some merch, which is looking extremely tempting! 



No comments:

Post a Comment